Share if you like!JUMP TO RECIPE
Chewy Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Really tender and soft cookies, perfect to accompany a good glass of vegetable milk. Be careful, they tend to disappear very quickly!This page may contains affiliate links. Click here to see the affiliate disclosure.
- 2 cups quick oats
- ½ cup(s) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup(s) brown sugar
- ¼ cup(s) almond milk (or any type of milk)
- ¼ cup(s) canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas
- ½ cup(s) chocolate chips (50% or more)
- In a first bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
- Peel and mash the bananas using a food processor or a fork.
- In a second bowl, combine all the liquid ingredients and the mashed bananas.
- Stir the liquid mixture into the dry mixture.
- Stir the chocolate chips into the mixture.
- Let the mixture refrigerate at least 1 hour before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 375 ° F (190 ° C) 15 minutes before removing the dough from the refrigerator.
- Make ¼ cup sized cookies with the dough and dispose them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Leave 2 inches of distance between the cookies.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the borders are slightly golden.
- Let the cookies cool down. If you have a cookie rack, let them cool 5 minutes on the baking sheet before putting them on the rack.
Even if it’s tempting, don’t skip the refrigeration part. After mixing the liquid mix in the dry mix, you will see that the dough is still pretty liquid. It’s normal. The oat needs time to absorb a part of the liquids before cooking. If you skip that part, your cookies risk to fall apart.
This recipe is for informational purposes only.