Share if you like!JUMP TO RECIPE
The Softest Butternut Squash Soup
The softest healthy and simple butternut squash soup you can cook. It's a great fall recipe to warm up a bit around the table.This page may contains affiliate links. Click here to see the affiliate disclosure.
Vegetables to roast
- cups butternut squash (Approximately 2lbs (1kg) per squash)
- 2 3 celery stalks
- 2 2 carrot
- 2 2 yellow onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups unsalted vegetable broth
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Cook in a big pot the onions and the garlic cloves in olive oil over medium high heat until slightly golden.
- Add the chopped ginger and cook 1 minute.
- Add the butternut squash and the unsalted chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and let simmer on low heat for 20 minutes or until the butternut squash dice are very tender under the fork.
- Let it cool down for at least 10 minutes.
- Puree with a hand blender, a blender or food processor until very smooth.
- Add pepper and creamy soy preparation before serving if desired.
This recipe is for informational purposes only.