Share if you like!JUMP TO RECIPE
The Smoothest Pear Puree
An incredibly smooth and fresh pear puree. Perfect for a little snack or to combine with other recipes to add a light fruity orchard taste.This page may contains affiliate links. Click here to see the affiliate disclosure.
- 3 lbs pears
- ½ cup(s) lemon juice juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup(s) water
- ⅓ cup(s) maple syrup
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Mix in pot the water, the maple syrup, the lemon juice and the spices.
- Peel and dice the pears. Put the pear dices in the pot as soon as you cut them to avoid oxidation (turning brown).
- Bring to a boil on high heat and bring down to medium heat for around 15 minutes, or until the pears are tender under the fork.
- Put aside let it cool down at least 10 minutes.
- Turn the pears into puree with a hand mixer, a blender or a food processor until very smooth.
Note that this puree is the secret behind our succulent pear popsicles. Perfect to refresh you during the hot season. Maple syrup can be replaced with honey or agave syrup. However, be aware that honey is not vegan if it is important to you.
This recipe is for informational purposes only.