Share if you like!JUMP TO RECIPE
Roasted Red Pepper Soup
A delicious and smooth soup. With no added salt, the flavor of roasted peppers mixed with the right dose of smoked paprika is simply divine.This page may contains affiliate links. Click here to see the affiliate disclosure.
- 10 red peppers
- 2 yellow onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika (See note)
- ½ tbsp chopped ginger (Fresh or in jar)
- 4 cups unsalted vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In your oven, install your rack as high as possible and preheat the oven to '' broil ''.
- Cut, seed and dispose the peppers on a baking sheet, skin side up.
- Place the baking sheet on the highest rack of the oven and allow the peppers to blacken and swell completely. This should take between 5 and 10 minutes depending on the heat of the oven and the height of the rack. (See note)
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the garlic cloves and onions.
- Once the peppers are roasted, take the baking sheet out of the oven and cover it, as tightly as possible with foil and let cool for at least 10 minutes, You can instead place your peppers in a large container with airtight cover if you prefer this option.
- Once cooled enough to be able to handle them without burning yourself, manually peel the skin off all the peppers.
- In a soup pan, heat the olive oil.
- Cook the garlic and onion in the saucepan for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the smoked paprika and ginger and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the peppers and unsalted vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes and pass the soup in a hand blender until smooth.
Depending on your preference, select the type of smoked paprika you desire. If you like spicy dishes, opt for strong paprika, if not, use mild paprika instead. Remember that cooking this spice greatly enhances its flavor. If this is your first time roasting peppers in the oven, it might seem strange to you to purposely ‘burn’ the peppers. Know that this step is essential to be able to remove the skin easily before transforming everything into a smooth and delicious soup. This recipe produce 2 liters of soup.
This recipe is for informational purposes only.