Share if you like!JUMP TO RECIPE
Classic Low Sodium Meatloaf
A classic meatloaf recipe with no added salt. Simply mix the ingredients and follow the cooking instructions for a tender and tasty meatloaf.This page may contains affiliate links. Click here to see the affiliate disclosure.
- 1.65 lb(s) ground beef
- 1 cup(s) quick oats
- ¼ cup(s) unsalted beef broth
- 2 eggs
- 1 chopped yellow onion(s)
- ⅓ cup(s) salt-free ketchup (or low sodium ketchup – see note)
- Preheat the oven to 375 ° F (190 ° C).
- Combine all the ingredients for the meatloaf in a large bowl except the ketchup. Do not mix too much so as not to obtain too compacted bread.
- Line a high-sided rectangular pan with parchment paper and place the mixture in it.
- Cover the top of the meatloaf with the ketchup.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Take the meatloaf out of the oven, cover it with aluminum foil and let it stand for 15 minutes. It will look too juicy and soft, but as it cools it will absorb the excess liquid and firm up. This is what will make it possible to have tender and not dry meatloaf.
As mentioned in the instructions, when this meatloaf comes out of the oven, it will look undercooked, soft in the center, and too juicy. The step that should not be neglected is that of leaving the meatloaf to rest at room temperature covered with aluminum foil. This will allow the meatloaf to absorb the excess liquid that has accumulated on the top and firm up before slicing it. This will give you a perfect meatloaf that won’t be dry. Please note that to calculate the nutritional values, we have used our homemade salt-free ketchup recipe.
This recipe is for informational purposes only.